Millennium is a distributor, providing fiber optic materials to contractors and network owners across the country. We want you to join our team of dedicated, driven, and passionate team members. Submit your resume
and cover letter below for review and start contributing to Connect America!
The role of the Product/Digital Marketing Manager is to support product marketing in improving and championing the product selection offered by Millennium while delivering rich content for their digital marketing strategies. You will work under the supervision of the Vice President of Marketing, creating marketing strategies for a specific product category, executing web content, social media, blog, and outbound marketing activities. You will need to manage SKUs within our ERP system and, gather competitive analysis of how the product is marketed by other distributors, drive new product introductions, attend vendor training sessions, participate in tradeshow and new product showcases to the market, and sales team.
Reporting To: Vice President of Marketing
○ Manage a collection of products within categories to be a product guru to Millennium over time, interfacing with vendors to build relevant content.
○ Collect product content from vendor websites, vendor trainings, portals, etc.
○ Manage key item attributes and hierarchies within ERP, search functions, and keywords that will drive SEO best practices.
○ Design/develop content for print and electronic collateral via an analytical approach with storytelling to craft the overall product message, this includes social media, outbound/inbound marketing, and website.
○ Review competitive analysis of how other distributors promote the product(s) within the assigned categories.
○ Write and deliver news about new products offered by our vendors in your assigned categories.
○ Develop marketing strategies to promote products via social media, tradeshows, and e-blasts to the market and in turn, promote our vendors’ and Millennium’s brand equity.
○ Initiate collateral around new products for the sales team and tradeshows.
○ Train on your assigned categories for new employees during onboarding/employee integration.
○ Attend vendor training sessions related to your categories for a better understanding of the products so that you can relay the key messages around them.
○ Create and direct content for Millennium University, an online forum that coordinates webinars, physical training at one of our multiple locations, and curriculum to be published online for educational purposes. Drive storyboarding and video production for learning modules/social media.
○ Create a competitive landscape of the vendors that play in product categories to leverage the differentiation of products.
○ Set up new SKUs related to your categories.
■ Possess a high sense of urgency to execute new SKUs in the system for website, assign hierarchies, and GM%.
■ Ensure part number doesn’t already exist in the system, merge existing files, and manage duplication within process.
■ Work with vendors to gain important attributes.
■ Decide if product should go on the website.
■ Load website content and publish.
■ Decide if it should be added to existing collateral.
○ Manage improvement for SKU maintenance, including getting feedback from sales regarding issues they’re encountering, evaluating, and deciding if changes should be made to better manage SKUs. Meet with stakeholders to get permission to make changes and institute changes, then communicate those changes to the appropriate channels.
■ Review SKU rationalization of assigned categories for anything not purchased in 3-5 years and discontinue in system.
○ Work with various vendors to create positive relationships regarding promoting their products and building their brand in the market.
○ Help coordinate trainings related to product.
■ Schedule webinars with sales, record, and upload to file sharing platform (MCEme).
■ Assist with scheduling quarterly trainings related to product with regional managers – be the point of contact for event coordination and managing sales expectations.
○ Manage social media submissions and add to our social media calendar content related to contracts or commitments.
• Communicate with your vendors regularly via phone and emails to gain this information.
o New product introduction.
o PVP contract expectations related to marketing activities.
o Strategic Vendor expectations related to marketing activities.
o Launch of new marketing tools you are responsible for.
○ Attend weekly L10 meetings for your assigned region.
■ Update market managers and regional with the latest marketing activities.
■ Pre-planning and coordinating regional/local tradeshow support, including attending meetings, packing up booth kits, relaying follow-up feedback, and sending surveys.
○ Coordinate content for regionalized marketing pieces.
■ Requests from sales for marketing communications.
■ SWAG/Promo item suggestions from sales to marketing communications.
■ Literature requests and social media content from a regional level.